Piano Lesson: Do You Know What You Learn When You Play Piano?
I guess you are learning to play piano in order to become a better pianist. Do you know that there are many secret learning processes in action as you practice on your piano. Let's find out the truth!
I presume that you practice on the piano with the hope of becoming a better instrumentalist, pianist and musician and and in order to experience the joy and satisfaction that follows.
The learning processes in action as you try to learn to play the piano can lead you forward towards you goals. However, some things you learn can limit your progress and I think it is important to be aware of these factors.
Let's take a look at what you don't want to learn as you play piano! Let me mention three things!
1. At times when you practice on your piano you might experience stress and other uncomfortable feelings due to a deadline in the form of a upcoming piano lesson you don't feel prepared for or other disturbing thoughts.
The feelings you experience as you practice a specific piece of music have a tendency to be evoked when you play the same piece at another occasion.
2. Can tensions stick to your sheet music? Your actual muscle tension level when you play a piano composition tends to be present when you play the same piece of music in public.
In other words, it will be more difficult to perform and play a piano composition in a relaxed manner when you have practiced it with a high tension level.
3. Can you learn not to play a piece of music? I guess you practice on your piano and take piano lessons in order to become a better player.
However, if you don't concentrate on your piano playing and if you play new passages too fast you will probably make a lot of mistakes.
These mistakes tend to slow down the learning process and in fact they will be a part of the learning process. The more mistakes you make playing a particular piano sheet music passage the harder it will be to play it right.
Why is it so? All your earlier mistakes will accumulate and disturb you as you try to play a passage right. To play a passage wrong will become easier and easier the more times you make mistakes.
Is this depressing news? Well if these news will help you change your way of practicing piano playing it will be good news!
You can use these piano practicing news to your advantage! Read on!
1. Try to make your piano practicing sessions to peaceful and joyful occasions by never procrastinating your piano lesson homework and by having the right attitude as you start playing.
2. Always practice a new piano piece slowly and with concentration and with correct posture. If you don't make mistakes as you practice you will progress much faster!
3. Remember to relax as you play piano. Your piano practicing session can also be a relaxation exercise and if you play piano in this manner it will be beneficial both for your physical and mental health!
Labels: along_baby_leapfrog_learn_piano, child_learn_piano_play, free_learn_lesson_online_piano, key_learn_piano_piano_play, kid_learn_piano, learn_piano_by_ear, learn_piano_scale, learn_the_piano_child