Learn Piano Online

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why Most Online Piano Lessons Websites Suck

Simple Step By Step Piano Lesson. If You Cant Learn Piano From These Lessons Then You Cant Learn Piano Anymore

           

         >>  Dont Even Think Of Trying Other Prodicts untill You Read This <<

 

Recently, I did a Google search for the term "piano lessons." After hitting the return key, it came up with millions of search results. Of course, I'm only going to wade through the first 20 or so. And so I did.

The one site I came upon more often than others (because of the Google ads) was something called Rocket Piano. It's a site that promises to teach you piano. What's not clear is just exactly what style it teaches. But it does promise to teach you piano.

On the site is a black and white picture of the creator (supposedly) named Ashleigh Southam. Now, I'm not saying this product is good or bad. It would be nice to see a sample lesson or a screenshot of what is being offered although to be fair, he does offer free sample lessons.

Another site you'll see a lot is called Hear and Play. This site is a lot clearer in what it teaches - gospel piano. Not being a fan of gospel piano, I can't comment on the content. What I can comment on, however, is the tacky nature of the website itself. It's very "sales" oriented as its author wants to sell you his products and services. Nothing wrong with that. Just a little too flashy for my tastes.

All in all, a good piano lesson website will give you a sample of what's being offered. If not, they're trying to hide something - or they're trying to close as many sales as possible by provoking the curiosity factor where you salivate over the benefits and features to sign up only to be disappointed after buying.

I'm not saying that what I offer is the best online piano lessons site. I am saying I show you what kind of lessons to expect. Look?you can shop around and buy anything you want. But ask yourself why a website wouldn't show you what they've got first.

Edward Weiss is a pianist/composer and webmaster of Quiescence Music's online piano lessons. He has been helping students learn how to play piano in the New Age style for over 14 years and works with students in private, in groups, and now over the internet. Stop by now at http://www.quiescencemusic.com/piano_lessons.html for a FREE piano lesson!

Labels: , , ,